- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Earl Campbell
Phillips loved the Oilers and when coaching the team in the 1970s, he famously said of the Cowboys: "They may be 'America's Team,' but we're Texas' team."
Bum Phillips, the folksy Texas football icon who coached the Houston Oilers during their Luv Ya Blue heyday and later led the New Orleans Saints, died Friday. He was 90.
Adrian Peterson nearly ran into the NFL record book, falling 9 yards short of breaking Eric Dickerson's single-season rushing mark.
There have been pitfalls and potholes and assorted other stumbling blocks this season for the Washington Redskins. But here they are, with five games to go, and all of their goals are still within reach.
For a visiting player, the Thanksgiving Day game in Dallas is one of those Carnegie Hall moments. Much of the football-watching/turkey-eating nation is gathered around the TV set -- the broadcast earned a 38 percent share a year ago -- and, well, you just want to be at your best.
NFL Hall of Famer Earl Campbell said Tuesday he is undergoing nerve treatment after doctors ruled out concerns that he might have Lou Gehrig's disease.
No. 1 Alabama (1-0) vs. Western Kentucky (1-0), 3:30 p.m. (SEC Network)
This Thanksgiving one of college football's oldest and most storied rivalries will be put on indefinite hold when Texas and Texas A&M meet for the last time as Big 12 foes.
The Tennessee Titans have started their search to replace Jeff Fisher as head coach by staying in-house for their first interview with Hall of Fame lineman Mike Munchak.
Run, run, run. That's all Texas coach Mack Brown wants to talk about.
The story is true. As a rookie, Emmitt Smith really did tell Michael Irvin that he was going to become the NFL's all-time leading rusher.
Despite a fractured fan base _ some printed burnt orange "Saban 2014" t-shirts and even former Longhorns Heisman Trophy winner Earl Campbell said it was time for Brown to be fired _ Brown rallied his team to within one win from what would be his third league title.
"They are doing a lot of good things in trying to prevent guys from just getting all beat up to where they can't live a productive life," Campbell said.