- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
Latest Earl Campbell Items
Phillips loved the Oilers and when coaching the team in the 1970s, he famously said of the Cowboys: "They may be 'America's Team,' but we're Texas' team."
Bum Phillips, the folksy Texas football icon who coached the Houston Oilers during their Luv Ya Blue heyday and later led the New Orleans Saints, died Friday. He was 90.
Adrian Peterson nearly ran into the NFL record book, falling 9 yards short of breaking Eric Dickerson's single-season rushing mark.
There have been pitfalls and potholes and assorted other stumbling blocks this season for the Washington Redskins. But here they are, with five games to go, and all of their goals are still within reach.
For a visiting player, the Thanksgiving Day game in Dallas is one of those Carnegie Hall moments. Much of the football-watching/turkey-eating nation is gathered around the TV set -- the broadcast earned a 38 percent share a year ago -- and, well, you just want to be at your best.
NFL Hall of Famer Earl Campbell said Tuesday he is undergoing nerve treatment after doctors ruled out concerns that he might have Lou Gehrig's disease.
No. 1 Alabama (1-0) vs. Western Kentucky (1-0), 3:30 p.m. (SEC Network)
This Thanksgiving one of college football's oldest and most storied rivalries will be put on indefinite hold when Texas and Texas A&M meet for the last time as Big 12 foes.
The Tennessee Titans have started their search to replace Jeff Fisher as head coach by staying in-house for their first interview with Hall of Fame lineman Mike Munchak.