- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Tea partiers turn on Capitol Hill budget deal
- Budget deal to get quick vote in the House
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro ‘marriage’
Latest Easter Items
The archbishop of Washington urged Catholics on Easter Sunday to boldly rejuvenate their faith and share it with others.
Flights partially resumed out of Lambert Airport on Sunday after the area's most powerful tornado in decades ripped off part of the roof and shattered hundreds of windows at the main terminal.
With spring in the air, all but the truly soul-dead feel the pull of not only natural but spiritual renewal. The surge of new life after winter's dormancy is so magnificent that it can shake us to our core. Capricious breezes, the greening of the landscape and the cherry, redbud and dogwood blossoms peppering the woods like wedding lace bespeak - for the believer - a marvelous Maker. So, too, do more sobering events, such as powerful, deadly storms. All in all, it's conducive to probing what C.S. Lewis called "the deeper magic" of creation, life, death and resurrection.
Easter dinner isn't meant to be a rushed affair — and neither should the meat you serve.
A D.C. lawyer has filed a $5 million class-action lawsuit against the property managers at Georgetown's Washington Harbour on behalf of employees and businesses who have been affected by flooding this week.
Yes, there are limits, even in the blogosphere. The satirical political blog Wonkette.com has offered a formal apology from writer Jack Stuef and deleted his recent posting about Trig Palin.
Easter time in Greece is usually a very profitable time of year when shops in central Athens line their windows with brightly colored wrappings for Easter candles and chocolate eggs.
No. It's not an illusion. Broadcasters "worship Earth Day and attack Easter," according to an analysis of coverage released Wednesday by the Culture and Media Institute.
They aren't used to tornadoes in North Carolina, let alone 60 of them.