- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Latest Eastern Conference Items
The Bucks set a franchise record for futility this season, though they aren't dwelling on their failures.
The New Jersey Devils know the odds are against them as they chase a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. Their latest win preserved their chances.
The Washington Wizards are in the playoffs for the first time since 2008, clinching an Eastern Conference berth Wednesday night with a 118-92 win over the Boston Celtics.
Tony Parker scored 22 points in the San Antonio Spurs' franchise-record 18th straight victory, a 103-77 rout of the slumping Indiana Pacers on Monday night.
In this edition of Wizards Playoff Tracker, the unhelpful Golden State Warriors, the return of Amar'e Stoudamire's stats and the random Bradley Beal-Drew Gooden connection.
The 76ers had a loss for the record book.
A year ago at this time, the Miami Heat couldn't lose.
The talk in the San Jose locker room was about the save at the end of regulation that got them one point. Backup goalie Alex Stalock followed that by improving to 3-0 in shootouts in his career and not allowing a goal in 10 attempts to help get the other point.
After Tuesday night's 2-0 loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins, Washington enters the final 15 games of its schedule in 11th place in the Eastern Conference and in sixth place in the Metropolitan Division.