- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
- Israel’s ambassador praises Obama, slams Human Rights Watch report
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
Topic - Eberhard Van Der Laan
The Dutch capital is known for boozy stag nights and pot-smoking tourists. But for what could be the nation's party of the decade _ the abdication of Queen Beatrix and accession to the throne of her son Willem-Alexander _ Amsterdam wants to keep things low key.
Amsterdam plans to raise the minimum age for prostitutes from 18 to 21 and force brothels to close during the early morning hours.
A woman died Sunday of injuries a day after two trains collided head-on in Amsterdam — a crash a top rail official described as one of the worst train disasters in the Netherlands' recent history.
And there will be no giant firework show to crown the day's festivities _ Van der Laan said it wouldn't be dark enough when the royals finish their boat trip.
"If you want to get a really good view, maybe the best place is watching on television," he said.