- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Topic - Eberhard Van Der Laan
The Dutch capital is known for boozy stag nights and pot-smoking tourists. But for what could be the nation's party of the decade _ the abdication of Queen Beatrix and accession to the throne of her son Willem-Alexander _ Amsterdam wants to keep things low key.
Amsterdam plans to raise the minimum age for prostitutes from 18 to 21 and force brothels to close during the early morning hours.
A woman died Sunday of injuries a day after two trains collided head-on in Amsterdam — a crash a top rail official described as one of the worst train disasters in the Netherlands' recent history.
Mayor Eberhard van der Laan said 16 people who were seriously injured in the crash remained hospitalized Sunday afternoon.
At a press conference Tuesday, Mayor Eberhard van der Laan said the moves came from a decision to crack down on crime in the city's famed Red Light District and protect sex workers — mostly women — from abuse.