- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Eberhard Van Der Laan
Latest Eberhard Van Der Laan Items
The Dutch capital is known for boozy stag nights and pot-smoking tourists. But for what could be the nation's party of the decade _ the abdication of Queen Beatrix and accession to the throne of her son Willem-Alexander _ Amsterdam wants to keep things low key.
Amsterdam plans to raise the minimum age for prostitutes from 18 to 21 and force brothels to close during the early morning hours.
A woman died Sunday of injuries a day after two trains collided head-on in Amsterdam — a crash a top rail official described as one of the worst train disasters in the Netherlands' recent history.