- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - ebony hoffman
Alana Beard was the cornerstone of the franchise in six of her eight seasons in Washington. A four-time All-Star and one of the league's marquee players, her time with the Mystics came to an unfulfilling end last offseason when she left as a free agent and joined the Los Angeles Sparks.
There isn't a likely franchise player in WNBA draft on Monday, such as Candace Parker, Angel McCoughtry, Tina Charles and Maya Moore _ the No. 1 picks the last four years.
Reserve forward Ebony Hoffman scored 12 points to lead a balanced offense as the Los Angeles Sparks beat defending champion Seattle 74-50 on Sunday night, snapping a seven-game losing streak to the Storm.
With a lack of depth in the post, the U.S. women's basketball team added Jayne Appel, Rebekkah Brunson, Ebony Hoffman and Kia Vaughn to its national pool Wednesday.
Tamika Catchings had 23 points and 11 rebounds to help the Indiana Fever beat the first-place Atlanta Dream 89-70 on Friday night.
"The game overseas is not as fast, but it's a lot more physical than you see here," Hoffman said. "You really have to be prepared for the physicality of the game. And the different types of moves that they use over there, it's not as conventional as it is over here where you see some of the same moves all the time."