- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Latest Ecuador Items
Manchester United announced the 25-man roster that will travel for the club's tour of the United States, including a match in Washington on July 29 against Inter Milan.
There are a bunch of possibilities for Group E, but in all likelihood France will be joined by Ecuador or Switzerland.
The seeded Swiss national team face their first test in Karim Benzema and France.
In a match that looked destined to end in a draw, Swiss substitute Haris Seferovic fired home the winner in the closing seconds.
Reinaldo Rueda couldn't control the tears when Ecuador striker Christian Benitez died suddenly from a heart problem last July.
France will head to the World Cup as the favorite in Group E despite strong competition from a well-organized Switzerland coached by Ottmar Hitzfeld.
Ecuador's achievement of reaching its third World Cup was overshadowed by the death of striker Christian Benitez midway through qualifying, and filling the void he left will be the team's biggest challenge in Brazil.
Manchester United winger Antonio Valencia, by far Ecuador's best-known player, will be joined by some other up-and-coming attackers that could shine at the World Cup in Brazil.
Luis Fernando Suarez made history when he guided Ecuador to the round of 16 at the 2006 World Cup, and the Colombian has already achieved considerable success with Honduras just by qualifying for this year's tournament.