- Family removed from Southwest flight over tweet about rude agent, dad says
- Michael Bloomberg thumbs FAA ban, plots course to Israel
- California bans full-contact football practices in off-season
- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
Topic - Ed Carpenter
Local driver Ed Carpenter has made himself at home on the Indianapolis 500 pole.
When Ed Carpenter, Carlos Munoz and Helio Castroneves were pushed to the edge Saturday, each remained calm and came up with their best-qualifying runs of the day.
IndyCar owner/driver Ed Carpenter said Friday that he will run a partial schedule in 2014, driving six oval races and turning all road/street courses over to Mike Conway.
Sometime during the offseason, Will Power read a quote from fellow driver Ed Carpenter that he tucked away in the back of his mind and used as an incentive to prove all of his doubters wrong.
IndyCar driver Ed Carpenter had the chance to take a drive around Pocono Raceway, and promptly handed the car keys to racing great Mario Andretti.
It was deja vu for Ed Carpenter, who used a last-lap pass of Dario Franchitti to give IndyCar an American sweep in its season finale.
Profiles of the 33 drivers in Sunday's Indianapolis 500, in starting order with car number in parentheses, age, hometown, engine, race team, four-lap qualification average and biographical information (w-former winner; r-rookie; all chassis Dallara):
IndyCar driver Ed Carpenter is leaving Sarah Fisher Racing to start his own team and said Wednesday he plans to run a full season in 2012.
"The moment when Hinch decided to make it three-wide was more than any of us could handle," Carpenter said. "I told him if he didn't have a concussion last week I would have punched him in the face."