- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Ed Wade Items
The Houston Astros fired general manager Ed Wade and team president Tal Smith on Sunday night in the first of the changes promised by new owner Jim Crane.
New Astros owner Jim Crane is promising plenty of changes in addition to the club's move to the American League.
The Houston Astros optioned left-hander J.A. Happ to Triple-A Oklahoma City before Saturday night's game against the Milwaukee Brewers.
Hunter Pence is adding his big bat to a pennant race.
The Houston Astros traded second baseman Jeff Keppinger to the San Francisco Giants for two Double-A pitchers on Tuesday. Houston also purchased the contract of infielder Jose Altuve from Double-A Corpus Christi, and Astros manager Brad Mills said he will get significant playing time at second base.
Hunter Pence ranks in the top five in the National League in batting average, RBIs, doubles and hits. His recent 23-game hitting streak is the second longest in the majors this season.
The Astros fired pitching coach Brad Arnsberg on Tuesday and replaced him on an interim basis with former Houston pitcher Doug Brocail.
The Houston Astros hit 108 home runs last year, the fewest in the NL and ahead of only the Seattle Mariners' 101.
The Houston Astros see Wandy Rodriguez as one of the best left-handers in baseball, and they didn't want him to get away.