- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Topic - Eddie Johnson
D.C. United got their first win of 2014 with an impressive 2-0 win that bodes well for the rest of the season.
It is probably over the top to talk about must-wins for D.C. United in April, but after a three-win campaign last season, that kind of talk is almost unavoidable.
D.C. United invested in their star forward Eddie Johnson with a contract that makes him the highest paid player in black and red.
United will get their first shot at a turnaround on Saturday when the team welcomes the Columbus Crew to RFK Stadium.
D.C. United extended the contract of U.S. national team forward Eddie Johnson and declared him a designated player under MLS rules.
Former Portland Timbers forward Eddie Johnson is suing the Major League Soccer team for $9.9 million, alleging that he was allowed to practice while he still had concussion symptoms.
Former Seattle Sounder FC and current United States Men's National Team forward Eddie Johnson has agreed to a deal with DCU.
"Obviously this is a huge, huge evening for all of us," U.S. coach Jurgen Klinsmann said. "It's a huge milestone whenever you make it to a World Cup."
Altidore has scored in five straight games, a first for a U.S. player, and also had an assist on Eddie Johnson's goal. It was the first time the U.S. has come back to win a game in Europe.
Former Iceland international Aron Johannsson is among 23 players called up for the U.S. soccer team's training camp in Sarajevo ahead of its exhibition against Bosnia-Herzegovina.
Clarence Goodson and Joe Corona scored during an eight-minute span of the first half, and the United States cruised past El Salvador 5-1 Sunday.
The U.S. holds a two-point lead over Costa Rica and Mexico in the qualifying group in the 10-game final round of the North and Central American and Caribbean region. They will host Honduras next Tuesday night in Sandy, Utah.
Eddie Johnson scored twice Friday night, including the winning goal in second-half injury time, lifting the United States to the verge of advancing in World Cup qualifying with a nervous 2-1 victory.
Jozy Altidore was dropped Monday from the U.S. roster for a pair of critical World Cup qualifiers after disappointing U.S. coach Jurgen Klinsmann in games and practice over the last year.
WASHINGTON (AP) - D.C. United extended the contract of U.S. national team forward Eddie Johnson and declared him a designated player under MLS rules.
"I'm excited with this move to the most storied franchise in MLS, and I look forward to getting started with my new D.C. United teammates," Johnson said.