- Rich Peverley collapses on Dallas Stars bench; game postponed
- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
Latest Eddie Royal Items
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — The last top seed to open its playoff run against a team it had just lost to at home in December was the 2008 New York Giants, who were beaten again by Philadelphia in the rematch.
Royal and Redskins running back Royster grew up together in Fairfax County. They helped Westfield High to a Group AAA, Division 6 state championship in 2003 and both went on to college success at Virginia Tech and Penn State, respectively. But this week will be just Royal's third game in his hometown.
The older Manning is 3-0 in the NFL against his sibling, with the other two victories coming when Peyton was with the Colts.
When Virginia Tech deputy director of football operations Bruce Garnes wants to high-five diminutive Hokies tailback J.C. Coleman, Garnes gets down on one knee.
Maybe Dezmon Briscoe will turn out to be another Ramzee Robinson. Remember him? (It's OK if you don't.) Robinson was a cornerback — a former Mr. Irrelevant, no less — who was claimed off waivers by the Washington Redskins in 2010, Mike Shanahan's first season as coach.
The Washington Redskins' salary cap situation, weakened by an $18 million penalty for 2012, has affected their ability to sign free agents this offseason, coach Mike Shanahan intimated Wednesday.
The Washington Redskins filled their void at strong safety on Thursday by agreeing to terms with Brandon Meriweather, a two-time Pro Bowler who joins his third team in less than seven months, but reportedly lost out on one of their receiver targets.
Washington Redskins coaches lamented their dearth of playmakers at the end of a 5-11 season. During the opening hours of free agency Tuesday, the organization aggressively attempted to remedy that by overhauling its corps of wide receivers.
Bury the blueprints on how to thwart Tim Tebow. He can beat you with his arm as well as his legs.