- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Education Trust Fund
Latest Education Trust Fund Items
Gov. Robert Bentley said Wednesday that he'll veto the education budget unless lawmakers include a 2 percent pay raise for teachers and public education employees.
Recent editorials from Alabama newspapers:
Maryland casinos could soon start 24-hour operations and table games could pop up by January, which analysts say could bring the state millions of dollars in revenue long before a sixth casino opens.
Supporters of a Maryland ballot initiative to expand gambling have touted it as a boon for education funding, but opponents say that claim is just a bluff.