- Malaysia Airlines pilots sometimes left cockpit door unlocked: U.S. businessman
- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
Latest Education Items
New York's top education officials say they understand the firestorm of criticism over rolling out tough new education standards.
The Wisconsin Indian Education Association is asking schools to drop American Indian mascots and nicknames.
A contract worker has been sentenced to a fine and community service for an explosion at a suburban New York college that hurt eight people.
A 17-year-old man is being held under a $1 million bond, accused of shooting a North Carolina high school freshman.
A Marshalltown officer used a stun gun on a high school student who became disruptive in class.
The West Virginia Senate has unanimously passed a bill to ensure vacancies on higher education commissions, councils and boards are filled in a timely manner.
A Vermont woman has placed with the best finish for an American woman in the Olympic individual cross-country sprint event in Sochi, Russia.
A Presque Isle man who worked as a referee at Aroostook County high school basketball games has been charged with sending sexually explicit photos to students he met while officiating.
Classes at Briar Cliff University in Sioux City have been canceled Monday because of a water main break.