- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Latest Education Items
The Senate's budget-writing committee has rejected an effort to punish two South Carolina universities for assigning gay-themed books to freshmen.
More than 300 part-time professors at Point Park University in Pittsburgh plan to vote on whether to unionize.
For Delta College sophomore Helen Szabo, her earliest experiences with community involvement were seven years ago, when she began helping prepare food in the kitchen at the Good Samaritan Rescue Mission, an emergency shelter for the homeless.
Police say one person was arrested following a bomb threat at the Yankton High School.
Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer has signed a bill that would help expedite the approval process for parents of some students in the state school voucher program.
It is not easy to demonize people who have spent hundreds of millions of dollars of their own money to help educate poor children. But some members of the education establishment are taking a shot at it.
The city is close to finalizing a contract with the union that represents its 75,000 public school teachers, according to people familiar with the negotiations.
A western Michigan superintendent says sexual assault complaints against ex-Major League Baseball player Chad Curtis were handled appropriately by the school district.
A cold April wind whipped out of the north last week. Surely the waters of Lake Michigan were chopping harshly 25 blocks away.