- Argentina beats Dutch in shootout to reach World Cup final
- Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely by NFL — again
- FAA investigating fireworks drone flights
- Pentagon: We’ll give Obama a drone strike with al-Baghdadi’s name on it
- Marine in Mexican custody to get day in court after 101 days
- Senate OKs San Antonio mayor as housing secretary
- NFL star likely fooled by Marine impostor who accepted first-class plane ticket
- Sen. Ted Cruz tweets Obama directions from fundraisers to border towns
- Israel hits key Hamas targets in Gaza offensive
- Ten-year sentence for New Orleans’ Nagin on graft charges
Latest Education Items
The University of Mary Washington is seeking to raise $50 million in private funds for scholarships, restoration of the campus amphitheater and other initiatives.
Immigrant advocates are asking Florida Gov. Rick Scott to employ more political muscle to convince state lawmakers to pass a bill allowing thousands of youths living in the country illegally to pay in-state tuition for the state's colleges.
Indiana residents will get a chance to weigh in on strategies for improving the state's education, job skills training and career development during several upcoming forums.
Under the legislation, the armed officials would have to be former or current law enforcement officers or former or current military officers. They would be required to pass background screening, possess a concealed weapon license, and annually participate in active shooter training and firearm proficiency training.
Massachusetts has one of the highest high school graduation rates in the United States, but low-income students disproportionality lag behind.
Michigan's 76 percent rate for high school graduation is below the national average, and the Detroit Public Schools rate is even lower.
Michigan's high school graduation rate continues to lag below the national average and the Detroit Public Schools rate is even lower, placing in the bottom half of comparable city districts, a national report found.
Vermont State Police say a Green Mountain College student has been injured after falling from a dormitory window.
Suffolk University is making the unusual move of subjecting tenured professors to performance reviews, a measure being protested by some faculty and a national organization of academics.