- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
- Israel flattens home of top Hamas leader, takes out power plant
- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
Topic - Edward Burns
Filmmaker-actor Edward Burns is drawing inspiration from familiar ground and new sources, including Tyler Perry.
A welcome sense of optimism pervaded the 10th annual Tribeca Film Festival.
Edward Burns revisits his indie roots _ with a modern twist _ in his latest project, "Nice Guy Johnny."
"There's a real thirst for these stories," Burns says.
Burns, who wrote, directed and stars in the film, says the story was born from his own dilemma.