- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
Topic - Edward Mujica
Grady Sizemore's big hit against an old friend ensured Jon Lester finally had something to show for an impressive effort.
Lyle Overbay watched the Red Sox receive their championship rings, knowing how close he came to getting one.
The ceremony was grand. The rings were great.
Capsules of American League East teams, listed in order of finish last year:
Once again the Cardinals will try to move on after losing star players, will it finally catch up to them?
The last time the Pittsburgh Pirates had five All-Stars, there was no designated hitter, baseballs were made of horsehide and the major leagues had 24 teams.
Capsules of National League teams, listed in order of finish last year:
The Florida Marlins have traded outfielder Cameron Maybin to the San Diego Padres for right-handed relievers Edward Mujica and Ryan Webb.
"I'm ready to go whatever the situation," said Mujica, who had 37 saves for St. Louis and made the NL All-Star team last year before losing his closer's job in September.
Stay on the fastball, he told himself, as he watched a ball go by and fouled off another.