- Atheists’ Easter taunt to Christians: ‘Jesus is a myth’
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes — ‘your paycheck’
- Despite Obamacare problems, some Dems want Sebelius to run for Senate: report
- Angry New Yorkers shred gun registrations in deadline day protests
- Uninsured rate dropping faster in places that embraced pillars of Obamacare, survey shows
- Hawaii, D.C. give residents two more weeks to sign up under Obamacare
- Climate change causing fish to lose their minds, researchers say
- Great Britain tops World’s Most Sexist Nation list
- Aaron Hernandez investigated for threatening to kill prison guard
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
Topic - Edward N. Luttwak
A prominent conservative strategist said Monday that a victory for either side in Syria's civil war would be bad news for the United States, as he slammed fellow conservatives for criticizing President Obama's "prudent caution."
Over the past few decades, Edward Luttwak has gained a reputation as the bad boy of strategic theory and historical scholarship. This time, he has outdone himself. He has debunked Sun Tsu, the Clausewitz of the East and much beloved by teachers of military theory for decades. It is about time -- Sun Tsu has been an overrated icon far too long.
It would be "disastrous" if Mr. Assad's regime were to crush the rebellion and emerge victorious, Mr. Luttwak said.
If the rebels win, extremists would try to form a government that would be hostile to both the United States and Israel, said Mr. Luttwak, a scholar at the Center of Strategic and International Studies in Washington.