- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Topic - Edward Togo Salmon
The administrator at a New York Catholic High School for boys has been forced to defend to parents his decision to let a gay couple attend the junior prom.
Father Salmon said his decision stemmed from pressure from a student-driven campaign in support of the boys' attendance.
The male couple "will be welcomed" at the dance, said Father Edward Salmon, in a letter to parents published in part by Raw Story.