- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
Latest Edward Vii Items
Kate Middleton will arrive at Westminster Abbey for her April 29 wedding in a Rolls-Royce that was damaged in December when Prince Charles and his wife Camilla were attacked by student protesters, officials said Tuesday.
When Kaiser Wilhelm II was in a particularly waspish humor and wanted to denigrate his Uncle Bertie, King Edward VII, he would say of him that he goes sailing on his grocer's yacht. Since he was referring to the retail magnate and purveyor of tea Sir Thomas Lipton, one is tempted to say "some grocer."