- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
Latest Egypt Items
Forces loyal to Yemen's embattled president opened fire on protesters demanding his ouster Monday, killing two and wounding dozens at various protests, activists said.
A majority of Americans say they favor cutting U.S. foreign aid. So they should, especially for Egypt. The former president, Hosni Mubarak, left behind a political structure molded in his image. In fact, the soft transfer of power from Mr. Mubarak to the armed forces revealed Egypt's inability to break free from the repressive features of military rule. The result: post-Mubarak Egypt has morphed into a dictatorless tyranny.
Syrian strongman Bashar al-Assad is caving in to demands to reform his dictatorship. In that dark and oppressed part of the world, compromise can only mean that the end is near.
The wife of a prominent human rights lawyer who disappeared for two months amid a massive Chinese security crackdown said her husband has returned home and appears to be well.
Hamas police on Tuesday besieged a house in Gaza where al-Qaeda-inspired militants implicated in the slaying of an Italian activist were holed up and traded gunfire with the suspects after they refused to surrender, an official said.
The Muslim Brotherhood's mask is slipping in Egypt. Small "d" democrats there and elsewhere are alarmed by top Brotherhood officials who now aver openly what has been utterly predictable: Once in power, they will impose Shariah - the totalitarian, supremacist politico-military-legal program practiced in Saudi Arabia, Iran, Somalia, Sudan and, increasingly, elsewhere.
Israelis cleaned their houses, cars and offices Monday and cooked furiously in preparation for the weeklong holiday of Passover, which marks the biblical story of the Israelites' exodus from Egypt.
Insurgent attacks in Afghanistan killed eight NATO service members in one of the deadliest days for the military coalition this year, signaling the start of what many fear will be a particularly violent fighting season as President Obama looks to start drawing down troops, authorities said Sunday.
The Seder, a celebration held during the first two nights of Passover, is a meal built around symbolic foods used to tell the story of the exodus of the Jews from enslavement under the ancient Pharaohs in Egypt.