- White House: Obamacare didn’t matter in Florida special election
- Last laugh: Marine vet fires off jokes from the grave with own obituary
- Gas blast destroys 2 N.Y. buildings; 6 people dead
- 2 dead, 23 hurt when driver plows into SXSW crowd
- Student protester shot, killed amid Venezuela unrest
- ‘Between Two Ferns’ director rushes to Obama’s defense, blasts O’Reilly
- Marine springs into action, runs down and tackles alleged Boston purse snatcher
- Education Department botching loan-amnesty program: GAO review
- Snowden: NSA uses fake Facebook to hack into users’ computers
- Tearin’ up my tweet: ‘N Sync’s Lance Bass promotes wrong Obamacare website
Latest Egypt Items
FIFA says Qatar-based broadcaster Al-Jazeera has bought rights to show the 2018 and 2022 World Cups across the Middle East and North Africa.
Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton on Wednesday called on Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak to respect protesters' rights and use their outpouring of anger as a chance to lead his country in a more democratic direction, as a second day of anti-government protests swept the country.
Thousands of anti-government protesters, some hurling rocks and climbing atop an armored police truck, clashed with riot police Tuesday in the center of Cairo in a Tunisia-inspired demonstration to demand the end of Hosni Mubarak's nearly 30 years in power. Three people were killed in confrontations around the country.
Thousands of anti-government protesters, some hurling rocks and climbing atop an armored police truck, clashed with riot police Tuesday in the center of Cairo in a Tunisia-inspired demonstration to demand the end of President Hosni Mubarak's nearly 30 years in power.
Southern Sudan's nearly certain secession from the Arab-dominated north is likely to set a dangerous precedent in an Arab world looking increasingly fractured along sectarian and ethnic lines.
According to the the Palestine Papers, a cache of 1,676 leaked documents from the PLO's Negotiatons Support Unit being made public by Al Jazeera this week, Saeb Erekat — chief negotiator for the PLO — and other Palestinian leaders effectively agreed in December to relinquish the "right of return" in the context of a final-status peace agreement with Israel.
Egypt's top security official on Sunday accused an al Qaeda-inspired group in the Gaza Strip of being behind the New Year's Day suicide bombing that killed 21 people outside a Coptic Christian church in the Mediterranean port city of Alexandria.
The new U.S. ambassador to Turkey greeted reporters upon his arrival in the capital, Ankara, with an old Turkish saying about reacquainting oneself with old friends.
As protests continue on the streets of Tunisia, U.S. policymakers are weighing their response to the crisis, seeking to chart a course supportive of demands for democratic reform without sacrificing other U.S. goals — or allies — in the region.