- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge says feds can’t fine commercial user
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Egyptian Court Items
An Egyptian-Canadian journalist working for Al-Jazeera English told an Egyptian court Wednesday that he could "never possibly betray his country," testifying in a case accusing him and other colleagues of being terrorists.
The Obama administration said Wednesday it is suspending hundreds of millions of dollars of military aid, including the delivery of defense equipment and cash, to Egypt in an attempt to nudge the interim government in Cairo to pave the way for an inclusive, democratically elected government.
The Muslim Brotherhood has decided to move its media office to London, shortly after an Egyptian court decided to ban the organization or any subsidiary from operating within the country, a local newspaper reported.
An Egyptian court ruled over the weekend that members of Hamas, Hezbollah and the Muslim Brotherhood did in fact team together and launch a prison break in 2011 of 34 leaders on the Brotherhood movement — including the country's president-to-be, Mohammed Morsi.
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry has quietly sent $1.3 billion of military assistance to Egypt — controlled by the Muslim Brotherhood — in defiance of congressional restrictions on dollars going to countries that haven't yet complied with standards of democracy, a memo revealed.
He's long since left the country, but if former Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood's son Sam ever heads back to Egypt, he might need a get-out-of-jail card. An Egyptian court on Tuesday sentenced him — along with 15 other Americans — to prison time for using foreign funds to stir up unrest in the nation.
An Egyptian court has convicted a Coptic Christian lawyer in the southern province of Assiut on charges of blasphemy and sentenced him to one year in prison with hard labor.
Pastor Terry Jones — who was sentenced to death by an Egyptian court in November for his ties to a film about Muslims that sparked Islamic riots — is planning a mass Koran burning to mark the 12th anniversary of Sept. 11.
An Egyptian court on Saturday confirmed the death sentences against 21 people for taking part in a deadly soccer riot but acquitted seven police officials for their alleged role in the violence. Suspected fans enraged by the verdict torched the soccer federation headquarters and a police club in Cairo in protest.