- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Latest egyptian government Items
Egypt on Monday released the names of 19 Americans who face trial over foreign funding of activities of their nonprofit groups in Egypt, a case that has soured U.S.-Egypt relations.
Washington-based election monitors denounced Egypt's military government for storming their offices in Cairo on Thursday, five days before the final vote for a new parliament.
We've "enjoyed" the Arab Spring, celebrated by one and nearly all. But if you're a Christian under the wheels of an Egyptian army truck, it looks a lot like winter.
W ill Israel survive? That question hasn't really been asked since 1967. Then, a far weaker Israel was surrounded by Arab dictatorships that were equipped with sophisticated weapons from their nuclear patron, the Soviet Union. But now, things are far worse for the Jewish state.
President Obama's Mideast policy has been marked by his typical rhetorical excess. "There will be perils that accompany this moment of promise," he said in a major speech in May about the Arab Spring. "But after decades of accepting the world as it is in the region, we have a chance to pursue the world as it should be." Recent events have shown that the "world as it should be" is rapidly transforming into the world we never wanted.
Squads of gunmen armed with heavy weapons and explosives crossed into southern Israel on Thursday, killing seven in an attack on buses, cars and an army patrol in one of the boldest attacks on the Jewish state in years, officials said. Israel said the Palestinian assailants came from Hamas-ruled Gaza and crossed through Egypt's Sinai Peninsula.
Egypt and the United States are postponing a major military exercise this year as Egypt's military deploys troops to secure the Sinai Peninsula.
The United States will hear "many voices" it doesn't like from Egyptians on a "loud and bumptious" march toward democracy, a top U.S. diplomat predicted this week at a Senate hearing on her nomination to serve as the next American ambassador in Cairo.
The Obama administration is engaged in a quiet and largely fruitless effort to persuade Egypt's security services to arrest scores of terrorists who were released or escaped from prisons during the country's recent revolution.