- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Egypt'S Muslim Brotherhood
Latest Egypt'S Muslim Brotherhood Items
The top leader of Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood denounced peace efforts with Israel and urged holy war to liberate Palestinian territories on Thursday — one day after the country's president, who hails from the movement, mediated a cease-fire between Israelis and Palestinians to end eight days of fierce fighting.
Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood-led government is asserting its dominance in ways that raise the specter of an autocracy similar to the regime Egyptians toppled almost two years ago, an Egyptian opposition leader warned foreign-policy specialists in Washington.
Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood has sharply criticized Israel over its recent airstrikes, which killed seven Palestinians in the Gaza Strip.
When U.S. officials were trying to broker a deal to end the bloody 20-year civil war between Sudan and South Sudan in 2005, they had an in with the elusive guerrilla fighter leading the south's shadowy rebel forces.
Egypt's army on Wednesday launched helicopter missile attacks in the Sinai Peninsula, killing as many as 20 suspected terrorists in a lawless region where a military crackdown on smuggling routes into the Gaza Strip is worsening an energy crisis and heightening violence in the area.
The presidential candidate for Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood on Tuesday sought to expand his support base ahead of a tight runoff against an ex-regime figure next month, vowing to ensure the full rights of Christians and women if he is elected.
The former intelligence chief of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak filed papers Saturday to be a candidate in the country's soon-approaching presidential election, a surprise move viewed by many as an attempt by Egypt's military rulers to promote one of their own and block a government takeover by Islamist parties.
A lawmaker from Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood said Thursday that there would be "no referendum at all" on the country's peace treaty with Israel, hours after the Islamist group's presidential candidate made his unexpected bid official.
The White House is downplaying the significance of a meeting between administration officials and envoys from Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood this week.