- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
Topic - E.J. Biggers
Entering training camp, the Redskins' top five cornerbacks appear to be set? Or are they?
The Redskins re-signed cornerback E.J. Biggers on Thursday morning in a move that adds depth and versatility to the secondary.
Redskins cornerback E.J. Biggers was fined $21,000 for a helmet-to-helmet hit on Eagles wide receiver DeSean Jackson.
Coach Mike Shanahan is hoping for improvement despite the club's inability to sign an elite free agent cornerback or draft a safety in the first round. That requires an improved pass rush and some young players to raise their level of play.
"We left some plays out there on the field," he said. "It's going to be like that every game. Something going to happen that you could correct and get better at. We are going to do that and get better and keep growing as a team."
Cornerback E.J. Biggers said it's why nobody in the Bucs' locker room thinks that all of their early season issues are completely behind them.