- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Topic - e.j. dionne
President Obama Monday said he intends to nominate Rabbi David Saperstein, a veteran religious liberty advocate, as the first non-Christian to serve as U.S. Ambassador-at-Large for International Religious Freedom, a post vacant for nine months.
It was, he added, "one of the most extraordinary teaching moments."
Such consensus-finding, Dionne said, "(is) a part of his worldview and character that are central to doing this job" as ambassador.