- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Elaine
The wife of a Maryland man abducted in Pakistan is pleading for his safe return on the one-year anniversary of his kidnapping, saying her husband is in poor health and is missed by grandchildren who ask for him every day.
Tony La Russa retired as manager of the St. Louis Cardinals on Monday, three days after winning a dramatic, seven-game World Series against the Texas Rangers.
A trove of the writer's personal letters, manuscripts and photographs from his sunny three-bedroom apartment on Manhattan's Upper East Side will be offered Wednesday at Bloomsbury Auctions in New York.
She said he suffers from a heart condition, severe asthma and high blood pressure, and she fears his health "will deteriorate if he is not allowed to see the doctors and specialists that have helped keep him alive in recent years.