- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
elijah e. cummings
Latest elijah e. cummings Items
House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell E. Issa on Wednesday accused his Democratic counterpart, Rep. Elijah E. Cummings, of colluding with the IRS to attack one of the tea party groups that was targeted by the tax agency for intrusive scrutiny and long delays.
As the House prepares for several key votes on former Internal Revenue Service employee Lois G. Lerner and potential legal action, analysts say she and her attorney have mishandled their case by picking and choosing when they want to talk, and to whom they are willing to talk.
House Republicans beat back a push from Democrats Thursday to force Rep. Darrell Issa to formally apologize on the House floor after he cut off the microphone of the top Democrat on the oversight committee last week during a heated hearing.
Congressional Republicans took aim Wednesday at a piece of President Obama's health overhaul designed to "bail out" insurers if the law's economics do not work at the start, saying it ensures businesses make profits while taxpayers pick up the tab.
Democrats on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee are calling on Chairman Darrell E. Issa, California Republican, to withdraw a subpoena he issued to compel U.S. Chief Technology Officer Todd Park to testify on the rollout of President Obama's health care overhaul.
Rep. Elijah E. Cummings, Maryland Democrat, is vigorously attempting to shift the deck chairs on the Internal Revenue Service's Titanic to make it seem like the IRS committed no wrongs in the targeting of conservative groups seeking nonprofit status for their organizations ("Treasury IG needs to explain scope of IRS investigation, Rep. Elijah Cummings says," Web, July 12).
As Republicans press their investigation into the Internal Revenue Service, Democrats are trying to turn the focus to the Republican ties of the agency's chief investigator, Inspector General J. Russell George, whose May audit ignited the firestorm.
It's amazing that there are those - including The New York Times - that continue to prop up the flawed finger-pointing of the Internal Revenue Service, blaming a couple of rogue agents out of its Cincinnati office for the unlawful targeting of conservative groups.
Rep. Darrell E. Issa blasted Rep. Elijah E. Cummings on Sunday after the latter asserted that the Internal Revenue Service scandal involving the targeting of conservatives had been "solved."