- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
elijah e. cummings
Latest elijah e. cummings Items
After a furious push to establish and appoint members to the House select committee on Benghazi, the panel's official proceedings have hit slow gear, and committee members say they don't expect to begin talking with witnesses until the fall.
The background check company that vetted Edward Snowden and faces fraud accusations from the Justice Department has refused a congressional request for details about executive bonus payouts and the identities of some former officials.
Despite not getting the Republican concessions she was seeking, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi appointed a full slate of Democrats to the House's new Benghazi investigative committee, giving the effort a bipartisan boost.
The IRS employees involved in improperly targeting tea party groups vehemently denied political bias played a part in their actions, and specifically defended Lois G. Lerner, according to a report released by House Democrats on Tuesday.
House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell E. Issa on Wednesday accused his Democratic counterpart, Rep. Elijah E. Cummings, of colluding with the IRS to attack one of the tea party groups that was targeted by the tax agency for intrusive scrutiny and long delays.
As the House prepares for several key votes on former Internal Revenue Service employee Lois G. Lerner and potential legal action, analysts say she and her attorney have mishandled their case by picking and choosing when they want to talk, and to whom they are willing to talk.
House Republicans beat back a push from Democrats Thursday to force Rep. Darrell Issa to formally apologize on the House floor after he cut off the microphone of the top Democrat on the oversight committee last week during a heated hearing.
Congressional Republicans took aim Wednesday at a piece of President Obama's health overhaul designed to "bail out" insurers if the law's economics do not work at the start, saying it ensures businesses make profits while taxpayers pick up the tab.
Democrats on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee are calling on Chairman Darrell E. Issa, California Republican, to withdraw a subpoena he issued to compel U.S. Chief Technology Officer Todd Park to testify on the rollout of President Obama's health care overhaul.