- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
- CDC sees measles spike and ‘failure to vaccinate’
elijah e. cummings
Latest elijah e. cummings Items
The move by the U.S. Postal Service to a five-day delivery week would close just a fraction of the $20 billion shortfall already facing the nation's mail service, Postmaster General Patrick Donahoe told the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Government Affairs on Wednesday.
The U.S. Postal Service's decision to cut Saturday delivery could disproportionally affect minorities, Rep. Elijah E. Cummings said Friday.
Watchdog groups have repeatedly taken President Obama to task for not living up to his pledge to run the "most open and transparent administration in history." Now, the bipartisan leaders of a congressional oversight panel are piling on with fresh criticism of the administration's performance.
House members on Tuesday rolled out the chamber's first piece of bipartisan gun legislation since December's Connecticut school shootings, and Majority Leader Eric Cantor said he could envision strengthening federal background checks — two significant developments in a debate that has been left largely to the White House and the Democrat-controlled Senate.
To the Honorable Darrell E. Issa and Elijah E. Cummings: As chairman and ranking member of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, respectively, your plate is always full because your committee's taut mission statement is to ensure an "efficient, effective government" on the national and D.C. level, which you also oversee.
Lawmakers are making public emails that show that Wal-Mart Stores Inc.'s CEO found out in 2005 that the retailer was handing out bribes in Mexico.
The ranking Democrat on the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform filed an amicus brief Wednesday asking for dismissal of the contempt lawsuit brought by House Republicans against Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. in the botched "Fast and Furious" gunrunning investigation.
Our Constitution is in a sorry state these days. The nation's founding document has been weakened by President Obama's ongoing expansion of power and further diminished by his Democratic allies on Capitol Hill who don't even bother to cite the highest law in the land properly.
Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens, in a diplomatic cable from Libya last June, cited the apparent rise of "Islamic extremism" and the spotting of "the Al Qaeda flag" over buildings outside the city of Benghazi, where he and three other Americans were ultimately killed in an attack on Sept. 11.