- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
elijah e. cummings
Latest elijah e. cummings Items
The ranking Democrat on a House committee investigating the failed "Fast and Furious" gunrunning operation wants the former director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives called as a witness to better explain how the investigation originated and who authorized it.
Two senior Republican lawmakers lambasted the Justice Department on Thursday for its "false denials" in the Fast and Furious gunrunning operation, demanding that the FBI turn over documents in its ongoing probe into the shooting death by Mexican bandits of a U.S. Border Patrol agent.
The Maryland House of Delegates on Wednesday approved a new congressional map expected to give Democrats a better shot at winning one of state Republicans' two congressional seats, clearing a final hurdle for Democratic Gov. Martin O'Malley's stamp of approval.
A Congressman investigating shortages of hospital drugs is demanding that secondary drug distributors reveal how they are getting scarce, life-saving medicines and explain the huge markups they charge.
Black leaders in Maryland are worried that a recommended congressional map expected to increase Democratic dominance of state politics could also reduce the influence held by black voters.
A congressman investigating worsening shortages of hospital drugs is demanding that secondary drug distributors reveal where they're getting scarce, lifesaving medicines _ and explain the huge markups they charge hospitals.
Congress is stepping up its efforts to push the NFL and its players toward an agreement on testing for human growth hormone.
The chairman of a U.S. House committee with oversight of D.C. affairs proposed a plan on Thursday that allows the District to spend its local funds on its terms by insulating it from federal budget squabbles on Capitol Hill.
The federal government on Wednesday ordered 16 of the nation's largest mortgage lenders and servicers to reimburse homeowners who were improperly foreclosed upon.