- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
Latest Elizabeth Taylor Items
In a story Dec. 14 about an auction of jewelry owned by Elizabeth Taylor, The Associated Press erroneously reported how Taylor obtained the pearl, diamond and ruby necklace known as "La Peregrina." Richard Burton bought the pearl known as "La Peregrina" for Taylor in 1969; the necklace containing the pearl was made later and also became known as "La Peregrina."
Elizabeth Taylor's jewelry collection fetched a record-setting $115 million — including more than $11.8 million for a pearl necklace and more than $8.8 million for a diamond ring given to her by Richard Burton — at an auction of gems and other memorabilia amassed by the late actress.
An Andy Warhol painting of Elizabeth Taylor sold for over $662,000 at auction in New York.
A 33.19-carat diamond ring given to Elizabeth Taylor by actor Richard Burton, whom she married twice, sold for $8,818,500 at an auction of gems, fabulous clothes, accessories and memorabilia amassed by the late actress.
Elizabeth Taylor's jewelry collection fetched a record-setting $115 million _ including more than $11.8 million for a pearl necklace and more than $8.8 million for a diamond ring given to her by Richard Burton _ at an auction of gems and other memorabilia amassed by the late actress.
The glittering gems, fabulous clothes, accessories and memorabilia amassed by Elizabeth Taylor are up for sale _ but any would-be buyers had better have some deep pockets.
Christie's auction house has added a special online-only component to its upcoming Elizabeth Taylor sale that will feature 950 items, with pre-sale estimates ranging from $100-$200 for an art deco bracelet to $10,000 for a white gold and diamond necklace.
Colin Farrell, Michael Caine and Elton John joined family and friends of Elizabeth Taylor at a private memorial service for the Oscar-winning star.
Elizabeth Taylor dazzled the world with her luminous beauty, lavish lifestyle _ and an unquenchable passion for diamonds and jewels that was fueled by the great loves of her life.