- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Topic - Elliott Jermyn
Forget even about the start of the season. Meriweather hopes to be doing drills with his teammates by the start of training camp. If he is, the veteran will be the centerpiece of a secondary that could include a few rookies and a much different look than last year.
"I never really had a torn ACL [before], so I don't know what the timetable's like," he said. "Will I be ready for training camp? I hope so. If everything keeps going the way it is, I would say most likely. But at the same time, with knee injuries, you always have setbacks and you always have days that feel great. So we'll see."