- Virginia police: 2 dead after storm at campground
- Ukrainian prime minister announces resignation
- House members question $17 billion VA request
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo launches statewide task force to collect LGBT data
- Obama’s motorcade prevents woman in labor from crossing street to hospital
- Grijalva: Anti-trafficking law ‘line in the sand for many of us’
- Joe Biden: ‘Businesses are hiring at historic rates’
- Jeb Bush to Congress: Don’t use border crisis as excuse to delay immigration reform
- U.N. Human Rights head accuses Israel of war crimes
- CBP Commissioner: Border is ‘more secure and more safe’
Latest Emeka Okafor Items
The Wizards are in the Marcin Gortat business because Emeka Okafor's season-ending neck injury led to a trade. Perhaps Gortat's free agency plans leads Washington back to 'Mek.
The Wizards have to reach an accord with Marcin Gortat over his role with the team before getting him to re-sign, which could mean changes in how they use him with Nene.
Connecticut's exclusive club of elite guards welcomed a new member Monday night.
The Wizards acquired Kendall Marshall in a trade for Marcin Gortat in October, but they quickly released him and now he has been picked up by the Lakers.
The 6-foot-11, 240-pound Gortat averaged 11.1 points and 8.5 rebounds last season. He is entering his eighth NBA season, and has averaged 8.6 points and 6.9 rebounds while playing for Orlando, Toronto and Phoenix.
Adding a front-court piece in hopes of finally returning to the playoffs, the Washington Wizards agreed to acquire center Marcin Gortat from the Phoenix Suns in a multiplayer trade Friday, according to a person with knowledge of the deal.
Adding a front-court piece in hopes of finally returning to the playoffs, the Washington Wizards acquired center Marcin Gortat from the Phoenix Suns in a multiplayer trade Friday.
Okafor is out indefinitely with a herniated disc in his neck and Singleton will be sidelined 6-8 weeks after undergoing surgery to repair a broken foot, the team announced Wednesday.
Wall was 8 for 17 from the field and 11 for 13 at the free throw line as the Wizards maintained pursuit of their goal of becoming the best team not to make the playoffs. They want to pass the Philadelphia 76ers and finish ninth in the Eastern Conference.