- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Emeka Okafor Items
The last time John Wall stepped on the floor vs. the Grizzlies, he put up a career-high 47 points that sparked his growth and helped earn him a $80 million max contract extension.
Shannon Brown never played a second for the Wizards. The vet guard is cool with that - as long as the checks keep cashing.
The Wizards acquired Kendall Marshall in a trade for Marcin Gortat in October, but they quickly released him and now he has been picked up by the Lakers.
With a limited roster, starting lineup and end of game decisions are rather apparent for the Wizards. When all return, not so much.
With Otto Porter's return to practice, we look at how his draft classmates are faring including Victor Oladipo. Plus Cartier Martin visits D.C. on Saturday
The 6-foot-11, 240-pound Gortat averaged 11.1 points and 8.5 rebounds last season. He is entering his eighth NBA season, and has averaged 8.6 points and 6.9 rebounds while playing for Orlando, Toronto and Phoenix.
Adding a front-court piece in hopes of finally returning to the playoffs, the Washington Wizards acquired center Marcin Gortat from the Phoenix Suns in a multiplayer trade Friday.
Adding a front-court piece in hopes of finally returning to the playoffs, the Washington Wizards agreed to acquire center Marcin Gortat from the Phoenix Suns in a multiplayer trade Friday, according to a person with knowledge of the deal.
Okafor is out indefinitely with a herniated disc in his neck and Singleton will be sidelined 6-8 weeks after undergoing surgery to repair a broken foot, the team announced Wednesday.