- Sleet, ice, deepfreeze hit large swath of U.S.
- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
Latest Emeka Okafor Items
With a limited roster, starting lineup and end of game decisions are rather apparent for the Wizards. When all return, not so much.
With Otto Porter's return to practice, we look at how his draft classmates are faring including Victor Oladipo. Plus Cartier Martin visits D.C. on Saturday
The 6-foot-11, 240-pound Gortat averaged 11.1 points and 8.5 rebounds last season. He is entering his eighth NBA season, and has averaged 8.6 points and 6.9 rebounds while playing for Orlando, Toronto and Phoenix.
Adding a front-court piece in hopes of finally returning to the playoffs, the Washington Wizards acquired center Marcin Gortat from the Phoenix Suns in a multiplayer trade Friday.
Adding a front-court piece in hopes of finally returning to the playoffs, the Washington Wizards agreed to acquire center Marcin Gortat from the Phoenix Suns in a multiplayer trade Friday, according to a person with knowledge of the deal.
Okafor is out indefinitely with a herniated disc in his neck and Singleton will be sidelined 6-8 weeks after undergoing surgery to repair a broken foot, the team announced Wednesday.
Wall was 8 for 17 from the field and 11 for 13 at the free throw line as the Wizards maintained pursuit of their goal of becoming the best team not to make the playoffs. They want to pass the Philadelphia 76ers and finish ninth in the Eastern Conference.
Bradley Beal scored 24 points in his return to the lineup as Washington moved into a tie with Toronto for 10th place in the Eastern Conference.
John Wall scored a career-high 47 points and added eight assists, Emeka Okafor had 21 points and nine rebounds, and the undermanned Washington Wizards beat the Memphis Grizzlies, 107-94 Monday night at Verizon Center.