- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Latest emilio bonifacio Items
The 2013 and 2014 salaries of the 146 players in salary arbitration, as obtained by The Associated Press from player and management sources. The 2014 salaries include earned bonuses. For players with multiyear contracts (x-ending multiyear contract; y-beginning multiyear contract), the salaries listed are the average annual values of the contracts. (w-arbitration winner; l-arbitration loser).
The Chicago Cubs have signed speedy utility man Emilio Bonifacio to a minor-league deal with an invitation to big-league camp
All-Star closer Greg Holland agreed Wednesday with the Royals to a one-year contract worth $4,675,000, the final player to reach a deal among Kansas City's players in arbitration.
Royals pitchers and catchers report to Arizona for the start of spring training on Friday, and that presumably means All-Star closer Greg Holland will be there.
Outfielder Justin Maxwell and the Kansas City Royals agreed to a one-year contract worth $1,325,000, leaving closer Greg Holland and reliever Aaron Crow as their only unsigned players in arbitration.
The Royals agreed to one-year deals Friday with first baseman Eric Hosmer, right-hander Luke Hochevar and utilityman Emilio Bonifacio to avoid going to arbitration.
Becoming a World Series star was far from the troubled mind of David Ross last summer.
The rookie reliever shut down the Kansas City Royals over the critical middle innings Friday night, emboldening his team after it rallied from a six-run hole. Jayson Werth's two-run homer and a terrific catch by Bryce Harper helped sew up Washington's 11-10 victory.
Zimmermann (15-7) tied St. Louis' Adam Wainwright for the league lead in wins and sparked the surging Nationals to their fifth straight win, all on the road.