- NTSB hearing on San Francisco airliner crash postponed
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford insists he has dried out, vows sobriety test
- Greenpeace video warns that climate change is wrecking Santa’s home
- Herman Cain profiled in ‘Political Power’ comic book
- Hagel renews Qatar defense pact despite differences over Iran, Syria
- Fire departments fear Obamacare will gut volunteer ranks
- Rep. Alan Grayson loses $18M in stock scheme
- Christmas secularists get 6-foot beer-can Festivus pole at Florida Statehouse
- George Zimmerman’s girlfriend flips on assault: Let ‘my boyfriend’ go
- Lululemon Athletica chairman quits after firestorm over his fat-thighs comment
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Emily Watson
President Obama says he's a fan of two popular cable TV shows: HBO's "Boardwalk Empire" and Showtime's "Homeland."
It's a good thing nobody told Steven Spielberg that Emily Watson is afraid of horses when she signed on to his new movie "War Horse."
Julianne Moore will receive an acting award at the Rome Film Festival opening this month, organizers said Thursday, while Keira Knightley, Eva Mendes and Aaron Eckhart will walk the red carpet to present their new movies.
"I'm not very good at animals generally," Miss Watson said in a recent Associated Press interview. "I like domestic animals, but big, large ones that might hurt me — I'm a bit of a wimp."
Miss Watson said she had to overcome her fears because she was so excited about being in the Spielberg film, due out Dec. 25.