- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Latest Entertainment_Culture Items
Stephen Colbert is returning to his alma mater as a commencement speaker.
Two young South African actresses said Tuesday they're proud to have been part of a film about the harsh realities of AIDS in their country even though the movie missed the final cut for an Academy Award nomination.
The British monarchy saga "The King's Speech" reigned at the Academy Awards with 12 nominations, including acting honors for Colin Firth, Helena Bonham Carter and Geoffrey Rush, positioning itself to challenge "The Social Network" for best picture.
Director Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu's "Biutiful," a tale of life, death and immigration on the rough side of Barcelona, was nominated for Best Foreign Film on Tuesday, giving Mexico its eighth Oscar nomination in a category it has yet to win.
North American box-office performance as of Sunday for Oscar best-picture nominees:
A disturbing modern Greek myth, an Algerian independence tale, a sibling journey from Canada and a Danish study of friendship and fate are up against gritty Mexican drama "Biutiful" for the Academy Award for best foreign language film.
The British monarchy saga "The King's Speech" leads the Academy Awards with 12 nominations, including best picture and acting honors for Colin Firth, Helena Bonham Carter and Geoffrey Rush.
The 83rd annual Academy Award nominations for lead actress in a motion picture have been announced in Beverly Hills, Calif., by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
The 83rd annual Academy Award nominations for supporting actress in a motion picture have been announced in Beverly Hills, Calif., by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.