- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Latest Environment Items
New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art renovated Costume Institute is reopening with a new name: the Anna Wintour Costume Center.
Large swaths of California remained at risk for wildfires Wednesday as dry and windy weather conditions persisted.
The Crow Wing County sheriff has checked the ice on Gull Lake and has given the green light to the Brainerd Jaycees' 24th annual ice fishing fundraiser that draws more than 10,000 anglers.
Southern California conservationists are carving up the beautiful golden shells of rare tortoises to protect them from poachers.
Worsening air quality in the Reno area has prompted Washoe County health officials to ask local residents again to voluntarily restrict wood burning along the Sierra's eastern front.
Environmental organizations have added the Navy to their lawsuit against the federal government that seeks more measures to protect whales and other marine mammals from the military's sonar use.
Seismologists say a minor earthquake has occurred in Alaska's Cook Inlet and was felt in at least one community.
Officials plan to mark Utah's Bald Eagle Day with a discussion of recent deaths of dozens of the birds to the West Nile virus.
A magnitude-4.4 earthquake jolted the inland region about 50 miles east of Los Angeles early Wednesday, but no significant damage or injuries were reported.