- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
- North Korea warns South: We’ll attack ‘without warning’
Latest Environment Items
Five years ago, Al Gore predicted the North Pole's ice cap would become a fond memory, a casualty of the raging inferno of global warming. The "entire North Polar ice cap will be gone in five years," he solemnly told a German TV audience.
For decades, Americans worried about running out of energy to keep their cars revving and their homes heated, but with technologies making oil, natural gas and other fossil fuels more plentiful, the danger now is that the world might run out of the water needed to produce power.
The West's relentless campaign for "green" energy is finally running into economic and political reality.
Iran said Saturday it has successfully sent a monkey into space for a second time, part of an ambitious program aimed at manned space flight.
State media say China has safely carried out the world's first soft landing of a space probe on the moon in nearly four decades.
The Andretti family will organize a race featuring electric cars on the streets of Miami in March 2015.
Twenty people in Madagascar have died from the bubonic plague in the last week, giving way to fears of a possible outbreak, officials said.
Crossbow fanatics can now head to Wisconsin, because the governor signed a bill Tuesday creating a new hunting season, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported.
Hawaii's Health Department head was killed in a plane crash about a mile off an island coast, investigators confirmed Thursday.