- California bans full-contact football practices in off-season
- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
- Oregon vandals smear cars with doughnuts, pastries, chocolate bars
- Obama’s ‘Katrina moment’ leaves his favorability factor at 42 percent
Latest Environment Items
Scientists climbed high into old-growth redwoods in the San Francisco Bay Area as part of a two-day effort to gather data and document the different creatures that live in the tree canopy.
Authorities have confirmed that a central Nebraska wildfire that charred at lease 11 square miles of crops and rangeland has been extinguished.
A key state agency has hired a seismologist, part of an effort to tackle a sudden increase in earthquakes in areas of Texas with significant oil and gas drilling activities.
Worried about getting a fair shake from investigators, Duke Energy is asking a judge to shield its records from North Carolina regulators and environmental groups while a federal criminal probe is ongoing.
Authorities say a man died following a Tampa Bay area house fire.
The state of Montana and the National Park Service say they will collect information for a possible new plan to manage bison herds at Yellowstone National Park that have long been subject to slaughter over concerns they could spread disease.
A northeastern Pennsylvania judge has loosened restrictions on an anti-fracking activist who had been barred from stepping foot on more than 300 square miles of land owned or leased by a natural gas driller.
Douglas County officials have approved a temporary permit for a concrete batch plant that some area residents had opposed.
Experts say there should be little impact this year from a chile-damaging virus.