- Israel says it’s downed drone along southern coast
- Despite offensive, Gaza rockets still hit Israel
- Extra-time goal gives Germany World Cup title over Argentina
- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
Latest Environment Items
Oil giant BP has raised its estimate of how much crude oil spilled into Lake Michigan during a malfunction at its northwestern Indiana refinery.
A company that wants to build transmission lines to move wind energy from Kansas to Indiana has announced its proposed route through Missouri, but opponents say they'll continue the fight to keep the towers and lines away from their land.
Colorado River water has begun pouring over a barren delta near the U.S.-Mexico border, the result of a landmark bi-national agreement being celebrated Thursday.
Bill Richardson, the former New Mexico governor, U.S. energy secretary and U.N. ambassador, is headlining a fundraiser in Philadelphia for Democratic gubernatorial hopeful Katie McGinty.
A Hanford Nuclear Reservation contractor says another six people working at or near waste tank farms have reported symptoms believed linked to chemical vapors from the tanks.
Environmental groups are expressing concern that a proposal being considered in the Iowa House would prevent the public from accessing information about water quality and land-use practices collected by projects partially funded with taxpayer dollars.
Federal officials say a disease known to be fatal in bats has been found in two animals in the Bankhead National Forest.
Minnesota regulators voted 4-0 Thursday to give a tentative go-ahead to a proposed large-scale solar energy project that would generate power for Xcel Energy but also authorized the utility to negotiate deals to meet some of its needs for more power from natural gas.
Microbes collected from Sue - the Field Museum's Tyrannosaurus rex - are headed to outer space.