- Tony Blair to warn West: Take sides against radical Islam
- Pfc. Bradley Manning’s name change to Chelsea heads to court
- NYPD’s attempt at positive Twitter outreach campaign proves to be an epic fail
- Michigan man among first in U.S. to get ‘bionic eye’
- JetBlue pilots vote to unionize; 2 previous attempts failed
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with ‘full-time’ robots
- Navy’s military dolphins may meet Putin’s porpoises in Black Sea
- Forget the Porsche — it’s the guy with the Prius that attracts the ladies, poll shows
- Fired Russian Facebook CEO says site has fallen in the hands of pro-Putin supporters
- Sen. Boozman of Arkansas has emergency heart surgery
Episcopal Church In The United States Of America
Latest Episcopal Church In The United States Of America Items
The works of Art Deco muralist Hildreth Meiere can be found in 100 buildings in 15 states. Here are some highlights:
The St. Paul's College campus and the 35 buildings on its roller-coaster grounds are for sale in hopes it can continue to educate young black men and women in this rural community.
A Davenport man will continue his 29-year marriage when he is ordained this summer as a priest in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Davenport.
The Supreme Court on Monday declined to intervene in a dispute between the Episcopal Church and a conservative northern Virginia congregation that left the denomination in a rift over homosexuality and other issues, ending a seven-year legal battle over a historic church that traces its roots back to George Washington.
The Very Rev. John R. Hall, a 38-year veteran of Church of England service, was in Washington last month to strengthen ties with the National Cathedral and to cultivate more friends for Westminster Abbey on this side of the Atlantic.
The decision by leaders of the Washington National Cathedral to perform same-sex weddings is getting a mixed reception, with supporters calling it consistent with the church's path for more than a decade and critics warning of further division on an issue that has roiled religious denominations across the country.
Many of the residences surrounding Dupont Circle are well-known architectural gems. While some hide unusual facets behind their stately facades, many people still would be surprised to learn they have been strolling past the rectory of St. Thomas Episcopal Parish for decades without realizing the property's connection to that historic church. The rectory, at 1735 19th St. NW, served for much of the past 40 years as the home of the church's priests.
As it marks its 400th anniversary this year, the King James Bible is suddenly a trending topic, the focus of a surge of scholarly, curatorial and public interest that includes a fascinating new exhibit at the Folger Shakespeare Library.