- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - Eric Deters
A prominent Cincinnati-area attorney is being suspended from practicing law for two months in Ohio.
A gossip website operator defended himself Wednesday against a defamation lawsuit by arguing that a former Cincinnati Bengals cheerleader featured in posts on the site is a public figure.
Her attorney, Eric Deters, is arguing that the posts tarnished her reputation as a teacher and Bengals cheerleader before she ever had a relationship with the teen, causing her severe emotional distress.
Mr. Deters said at the time that Ms. Jones had done nothing wrong but stepped down because of rumors about her relationship with the teen.