- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
Latest Eric Dezenhall Items
The early border skirmishes of Campaign 2012 are reviving questions about one candidate's former pastor and shining a spotlight on the other's high school hijinks. Can a fresh round of questions about President Barack Obama's birth certificate be far behind?
Former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky's admission that he showered with and "horsed around" with boys could be used by prosecutors trying to convict him of child sex-abuse charges.
A former Penn State graduate assistant cited by a grand jury report as claiming he saw an ex-assistant football coach sexually abusing a young boy in a campus locker room shower says in an email he made sure the act was stopped and then went to police _ contradicting what the report says.
Cloaking fact inside fiction can produce a fascinating product, and that is precisely what Washington, D.C., writer Eric Dezenhall has done in "The Devil Himself." Mr. Dezenhall builds his tale on one of World War II's forgotten stories: how Meyer Lansky, godfather of New York's Kosher Nostra, cobbled together a network of thieves, murderers, union strong-arm hoodlums and other assorted felons to help the U.S. Navy find a German spy ring that was betraying information to the Nazi wolf packs operating just off American shores and sinking large numbers of ships during the first few years of World War II.
Among the 10 finalists chosen for the 2011 America's Best Restroom Contest is the Presidential Luxury Restroom Trailer, currently situated in Chantilly and the epitome of commode elegance from the porta-potty geniuses at Don's Johns.
Masters of disaster