- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
Topic - Eric J. Holder Jr.
Former CIA Director David H. Petraeus' resignation after admitting an extramarital affair had nothing to do with scrutiny of the Sept. 11 attak on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, the vice chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee said Sunday.
Mr. Holder has said the FBI, which uncovered the Petraeus affair during an investigation of anonymous, harassing emails sent to a Florida socialite, had determined there was no threat to national security and no need to inform the president more quickly.