- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Latest Eric Wargotz Items
Mental health funding at issue in Va. Assembly; Allen, Kaine push competing Virginia job plans; Metro has increased suicides attempts; Restaurant weeks start today; Sun: Md. Democrats' 'to do' list includes raising taxes; Miller appoints committee to review Md. ethics laws; Wargotz, another Md. Republican, to challenge Cardin.
The last time Maryland had a Republican senator, Ronald Reagan was president and now-U.S. Sen. Ben Cardin was serving his first term in Congress. But that history hasn't deterred ex-Secret Service agent Dan Bongino from entering next year's Senate race.
ANNAPOLIS — The president of the Queen Anne's County Board of Commissioners said yesterday members will likely approve a contentious land deal with the state, despite objections from Maryland Comptroller Peter Franchot.