- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
Topic - Eric Weiss
Federal investigators are moving to a lab in Washington to examine damaged gas and water mains from the scene of an explosion that leveled two Manhattan buildings and killed eight people.
"Two adoring parents would be overkill," says Manny Weiss (Howard Elfman), the caustic and demanding father of novelist Eric Weiss (Paul Morella) in Donald Margulies' funny, pain-soaked memory play, "Brooklyn Boy."
Agency spokesman Eric Weiss says a probable cause report will be released in six to eight weeks.
Weiss said videos from camera probes into the gas and water mains were inconclusive.