- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
Topic - Eric Wright
Jimmie Ward ran his speedy 40-yard dash on a bad foot just to show he could. He did so in 4.47 seconds, then followed it up with surgery March 11.
Officials in eastern Iowa say a moose trekking through the area could be the same creature spotted a few months ago.
Tampa Bay's porous secondary took another hit Monday when cornerback Eric Wright wassuspended by the NFL for four games for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing substances.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback Eric Wright has been arrested in Los Angeles for investigation of driving under the influence after police say he was involved in a crash near Staples Center.
The Cleveland Browns have placed linebacker Scott Fujita and cornerback Eric Wright on injured reserve.
Browns cornerback Joe Haden oozes confidence from every pore. It trickles from the ear holes in his orange helmet and seeps through his No. 23 jersey whether he's walking, running or simply standing and talking about his first NFL training camp.
Browns starting cornerback Eric Wright was kept out of practice after injuring his right leg during Cleveland's morning workout.
Joe Haden is the newest No. 23 in Cleveland.
"I've been challenged since I was a rookie coming in here trying to start," said Wright, a fifth-year pro who started all 16 games a year ago for the Browns while intercepting four passes and totaling 65 tackles. "I stepped up to the plate as a rookie and was able to start early and get some playing time. You know, competition brings the best out of everybody and the cream will rise to the top."
"I said, well, you all better give me a number besides 40 because I didn't really like that number too much," he said of the number he wore during rookie camp. "We worked it out and I got 23."