- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Erick Aybar Items
Oakland Athletics pitcher Brandon McCarthy was released from a Bay Area hospital Tuesday, less than a week after getting hit in the head by a line drive and undergoing surgery.
Oakland Athletics pitcher Brandon McCarthy remained in a "life-threatening" situation in a Bay Area hospital two days after being hit in the head by a line drive.
Oakland Athletics pitcher Brandon McCarthy was in stable condition in the critical care unit of a Bay Area hospital on Thursday, a day after having surgery for a skull fracture and brain contusion caused by a line drive.
Athletics pitcher Brandon McCarthy left in the fourth inning of Wednesday's 7-1 loss to the Los Angeles Angels after Erick Aybar's hard line drive ricocheted off the right-hander's head.
Brandon McCarthy left in the fourth inning against the Los Angeles Angels on Wednesday after a hard line drive off the bat of Erick Aybar hit Oakland's opening-day starter in the head.
The Boston Red Sox lost yet again, with A.J. Burnett making his most impressive start in nearly three months and Jorge Posada hitting a two-run homer that led the New York Yankees to a 6-2 victory in the opener of Sunday's day-night doubleheader.